This summer, buyers looking to expand their stores with creative and original handmade designs will be pleased to find the most beautiful and innovative products in the industry from the Handmade® Designer Maker section at NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift. NY NOW’s HANDMADE collection is the industry’s hallmark of design and craftsmanship across all media and the Handmade Designer Maker section in particular is set to make a grand display this year as it moves to Level 3 of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center. This location shift means that it will be open Sunday, August 20 through August 23, alongside some of the biggest names in the industry making for a truly unique shopping experience for buyers and attendees alike.
“The passion we see from the makers in the Handmade Designer Maker section is inspiring,” said Randi Mohr, NY NOW Show Director and Vice President, Emerald Expositions. “Beyond the incredible designs and quality craftsmanship, the makers are on-hand and eager to talk about their process and the personal stories behind their work. There’s no doubt that buyers attending the Market will have the chance to bring some amazing and one-of-a-kind designs to their stores this year.”
NY NOW’s Handmade Designer Maker section features a juried collection of 350 designer maker resources from across the United States and around the world. Exhibitors in this section have developed lines of unique and original work, with a focus on limited-production across all categories. More than 40 new companies were accepted into the section this Market, including six Emerging Makers from the NY NOW winter 2017 market. NY NOW is also pleased to once again have the British, German and French Pavilions joining the section, highlighting some of the amazing designers from each country. A full list of the Handmade Designer Maker exhibitors can be found here, but below is just a small sampling of the exciting companies that will be there.
- AHeirloom (Booth #1131) – Featuring customized and sentimental cutting boards made in the U.S.A.
- Porcelain and Stone (Booth #1271) – Featuring elegant, nautically-inspired porcelain jewelry
- Willful Goods (Booth #1379) – Featuring a variety of colorful, handcrafted goods and housewares
In addition, NY NOW welcomes back approximately 20 companies to the Market that are returning after an absence. Some of those incredible makers include:
- Dumye (Booth #1444) – Featuring eco-friendly, limited edition dolls that can be personalized, and for every doll purchased, another doll is gifted to an orphan or vulnerable child in need
- Finn (Booth #1129) – Featuring jewelry and accessories form Argentina
- JR Meyer Lighting (Booth #1102) – Featuring lights that combine the beauty of fine hardwoods and wood veneers with glass
- Lisa Neimeth Ceramics (Booth #1368) – Featuring beautifully unique ceramic tableware and sculptures
To register to attend and experience everything that the Handmade Designer Maker section has to offer, or for more information on NY NOW, please visit nynow.com.